Monday, March 2, 2009

devil child

Remember how I said life has been more challenging since Lincoln 'gave up' the binky? Total understatement. The child is beyond miserable. Will and I are seriously at the end of our rope with him. I hit my limit in the middle of the night last night when he woke me up by pinching my face as hard as he could while crying out, "Quincey Wade Sharp! Give me back my spider man ball!!" He then started crying as I peeled his hands off my face, and continued to cry until Will finally got him to sleep in the family room. He's just mean. Intentionally. I'll ask him why he isn't being nice and kind and he'll tell me it's because he changed his mind- that he decided he doesn't want to be nice. The more I try to discipline him about it (time out, taking things away from him, offering rewards for being nice) the nastier he gets. This is a first for us. We have NO clue how to 'help' the situation.

No comments: