although life has felt dull lately, at the urging of one of my three blog readers, i shall update.
i attended women's conference last week. i can't say it was as amazing as last year, but it was still very, very good. i think i chose some not-so-great classes, which i'm rather talented at doing. sister beck gave a fantastic talk friday morning, and elder perry was also extremely good that afternoon. i'm glad i went. meanwhile, back on the farm, will was 'taking care' of things here. he had such great intentions to get so much done whilst being the housewife, but received a call friday that his boss was terminated (or quit, we're still unsure) and that changed everything. his stress levels sky-rocketed. today, instead of his boss coming to visit and spend a few days with him, it is a vp of the company, andrea. i was relieved to hear from will this afternoon letting me know she is 'totally cool' and he thinks he might like her better than his boss. (very good thing.)
saturday i tried acupuncture. i've been putting it off for over a year. the idea of needles sticking out of me wasn't pleasant, and i had no desire to try it. will has been urging me to do it for quite some time- and after a couple of really dizzy weeks lately, i set up an appointment. it was a wildly strange experience, one i can't even really describe, least of all through a blog, so i'll just say i wasn't sure i was going to go back. (after he first began to remove the needles, i had a dizziness episode unlike anything i've ever experienced, almost puking on the guy's carpet, that lasted about 15 minutes.) i've spent a lot of time considering if i'd give it another chance. apparently i decided i would, because i go visit the 'doctor' again tonight.
i planted all of my bean starts, because they were growing so outrageously large that they absolutely HAD to be moved. so yesterday they went in the ground. their survival isn't likely. they were laying on their sides, against the soil, so pathetic looking. will and tied them up to some jute, hoping that will convince them they're supposed to live and grow. i don't think it's going to work. we just let them get too big. why can't gardening be easy?
everyone knows i go to bed late. i always have, and it seems i've always been trying to change it. last night i went to bed with quince, trying to get him to fall asleep. well, it worked, but i fell asleep too, around 9:00. i totally had stuff to do, so it screwed things up for me pretty bad, but the worst part was that i woke up around 3:30 in the morning- and i was WIDE awake. not a fun thing. :)
that's about all here. oh yeah- preston has been studying to get his permit for the past week solid. can you believe he'll be driving, legally? i think the driving age is FAR too young. sad to say, i still get nervous when preston and his friends take off on their bikes to go places- this is going to be sooooo hard for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Now we're talking, I feel like I know you again. Sounds like women's conference was good, when is men's conference? At least you've got your garden planted. Ours is still empty, it needs your help. Since my Sunday's are usually 6am till 6pm, I gave Misty her mother's day today. She slept it while I got the kids off to school, and even had breakfast in bed. Then she left for a facial and a day out of the house all alone with nobody to distract her. She's not to return home until after she gets home from the temple tonight. Looks like I'm doing book reports with the kids. Can't believe they only have two weeks of school left. I also can't believe I have less than a week left of my mid life crisis. It's back to work on the 11th. You take luck good! Duane.
Did the acupuncture help?
Looks like some of my starts aren't even going to make it. Oh well. I bet this year will be a flop and hopefully it will just get better every year. I have no idea what I am doing, though, so maybe not.
Preston driving?! Wow!
I was talking about my gardening skills, but you have probably already figured that out.
By the way--I wish I could get by on as little of sleep as you seem to. Lucky!
Post a Comment