I wasn't going to see it, at least I was going to be one of the last to see it. But Will insisted on messing up my plans. We went out Friday night for his birthday. We got Brazilian food at a place we've never eaten at before- and I thought Will was going to fall over when he got the check. V.E.R.Y. expensive!! It's just food, right? We didn't even eat that much either. Such a waste. Anyway- we were planning to go see the new James Bond movie. After we got there, Will saw all the bajillion people who were there to see Twilight, and he was insistent that we see it too. He claims it was because he knew I wanted to see it- even though I kept telling him I wanted to see the James Bond flick as well. So...we had to wait an hour to get a showing that wasn't sold out, but we saw it. It was- okay. I had heard people say they loved it, and then also so many people who thought it was ridiculously lame. I guess I was pleasantly surprised with Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner (Jacob) but some of it was most definitely lame. Oh well. It was better than Eagle Eye, the last movie we saw in the theatre.
Saturday we put out all of our Christmas decorations and got the lights up on the house. What a massive project. We have way too much stuff. We don't have an abundance of decorations- but we have enough ornaments to decorate about 5 different trees!! Then we hosted a BYU/Utes party for the boys and about 15 of their friends. I'm not sure why we keep doing that. It gets pricey to feed that many teen and pre-teen boys. And there were only two Ute fans in the whole group. I had to 'protect' them from the rest of the boys (including my own) several times. "Anyone who hurts the Ute fans gets no more food!" It was a somber mood around here by the fourth quarter. It was pretty bad. Max Hall threw 6 interceptions by the very end of the game. He single-handedly lost it for the Y.
I had to bake cookies for Relief Society on Sunday (the teacher bailed last minute and we agreed the Pres. would wing the lesson if I would bake a treat. good compromise for me.) I was looking all over for Delana's recipe and couldn't find it- so I decided to use the Nestle Tollhouse recipe. (I needed a recipe that made a lot of cookies, otherwise I would've used Danna's ultimate recipe.) Anyway- after the first batch came out it occurred to me that the Nestle recipe calls for butter, and butter makes flat cookies. I was so ticked. About 80 cookies later- I started over with Danna's recipe. And that's what I served to the sisters in the ward. I think I finished baking around 1:00 in the morning. It seems I always make things so much more difficult for myself.
So Sunday...we spent yesterday evening counting labels for the school contest I was in charge of. (Thanks to Dana Smith who suckered me into taking it over for her.) It's the box tops, Campbells labels, that kind of thing. Let me just say- Dave, Dana, their five kids, Will, Preston, Brig and myself counted labels last night for 2 1/2 hours. If I had tried to do that on my own- I would still be counting labels. I'm soooo glad it's over and I don't have to do it again until spring. (I'm also very appreciative that Dana came to help me and brought her whole family.:)
Jarret and Jamie are supposed to be coming over this evening- and I have soooo very much to do before then. We're planning on taking off tomorrow as soon as the boys get out of school and spending the night in Kanab. That way we can arrive in Phx. a lot earlier on Wednesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Holy Cow- you absolutely should not have rebaked those cookies!
Yeah- not the greatest year for BYU. Sounds like you are busy as always. I hope you guys have a great time in AZ. Happy Thanksgiving!
Oh yeah- as to Twilight- hmmm... I liked it. Definately cheasy in parts...it was fun to watch how they put the book in action. I think they will do better with the second book. Could have been worse. :)
Bet it was Will's fave movie ever :)
You are so good about entertaining your children and their friends and creating these types of memories. Something I need to work on.
My fave cookie recipe is Tollhouse. I think they are best and NO trans fat since they are made with butter (mine do not come out flat--I have not had that happen. Maybe the nuts I add?)! ;-)
You'll have to share your trick Wendy- I can't put nuts in them- but I'd love fluffier cookies without crisco. :)
Maybe a smidge more flour? You could try that. Duh! I totally forgot about the nuts. When will I get that through my head?!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We will miss you guys.
OK, so I tried making my cookies yesterday without nuts and they were flat. So it is the nuts that make them chunky. I still liked the flats ones, especially today since they were kinda chewy. I wonder what we could do to make a butter recipe, no nuts, a thicker cookie? I might experiment sometime and will let you know if I find anything good.
Post a Comment