Tonight was supposed to be a crappy night. It started with a crappy day, which really started with a crappy LAST night. Our hour long Monday night meeting turned into a 3 hour meeting. We got home late and found crying toddlers, older kids with unfinished homework, and a really messy house. We went to bed late, but sleep never really happened because both Quince and Linc are struggling with really bad coughs- which are ALWAYS worse at night. (why is that?) This morning I called and got them appointments to see the Dr.- which took over two hours. Then I dragged sick kids around to do errands because I had things I HAD to get (for Preston's science project, which has to be turned in at BYU tomorrow) so they had to come with me. And everyone knows that taking sick, sleeping kids and pulling them in and out of car seats for a few hours = F. U. N.
I picked the kids up from school, got the mail, and found another exciting letter from our insurance denying the claim for Brig's awesome 'teeth' incident from last year. So I started the ritual phone calls, which I do every month, and got the same answers after waiting on hold for over an hour. (no joke.) They'll take care of it and they're really sorry for all of the trouble.... and they'll tell me the same thing when I call in next month. By now I'm in a really awesome mood.
Then Will informs me that Brig has tickets to the Jazz game tonight and he'll be taking him- which means they won't get home until late and I'll get to try to get the meds down the two little boys by myself, assist Spence with a paper that's due tomorrow, and all of the greatness that comes with nighttime at our home. I was seriously about to have my own little meltdown. I left for the store to get the prescriptions filled and while we were gone they all decided that instead of going to the game, they'd stay home and watch it on TV- make shakes- and hang out together. Can I tell you how much better that sounded to me?
So tonight wasn't so bad at all. It was still H-E-doublehockeysticks getting Linc to take his medicine, but he did it. And it gets better: tomorrow I have a PTO meeting in the morning that I decided I'm going to skip out of, and my R.S. meeting got cancelled. So no plans for tomorrow. Woo Hoo!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh Debi--if I can ever help you with anything, please let me! I certainly owe you big now. ;-)
Post a Comment