Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Has It Been a Week?

Wow- time flies! No matter how organized and planned I try to make life- it seems I'm always looking for more time. I wish it grew on trees, along with money, of course. "Preston, would you go outside and pick me a few hundreds and about 10 hours?" And then he'd complain that he did it last time and why didn't I ask Spence or Brig? That's usually how it goes.

I've spent the day dealing with insurance issues (which is always so much fun) and chatting with my parents. They got home from AZ Sunday night, and today I got to hear all about their trip. Quince and Linc were so thrilled to be able to go over and play. It's hard for them when G&G are gone and they don't get to go over and play with their toys. (It's hard for me too:)

I'm trying to think of what else I've been up to. I registered the two older boys for EFY this summer, and last night found out they got into our first choice session. It's Rexburg again, end of June. I'm excited. I think Spencer will really love it. It is expensive, no question, but so worth it. I got my reminder for Women's Conference today. It isn't the money that makes that hard, it's the time commitment- but just like EFY- it's so worth it. I'm going for sure. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't ever attended. It's two days of complete enlightenment.

Last night we went to the open house at the Draper Temple. It was a good experience. The boys liked it. The only other open house I ever attended was the San Diego, with Will, when we were teenagers. I have to say though, it felt SOOOO different being in the temple with all of those people, in dark colors (dress clothes) and hearing children make noise, and all of the quiet chaos that goes on when you've got kids. It just isn't the same. I tried to explain the difference to the boys, but I'm pretty sure they couldn't grasp it. Someday.

For the past several weeks I've been doing a lot of research and reading on essential oils and organic foods. I'm kind of obsessed. I've been spending so much time trying to learn as much as I can, I haven't spent the time reading all of the books I was planning to read. I started The Secret Life of Bees Saturday, and I should be finished by now. But I spent part of Sunday and all of Monday with a migraine. I hope to finish it by this weekend. I took Abby's advice and went onto Goodreads. I checked out both Abby's and Wendy's. And I realized that you guys have read SOOO many more books than I have. :) The books I read aren't the kind of books you'd write a review on. I've got to get away from parenting and self help books and read more novels. I'm trying. I really enjoy them- I don't know why I don't read more.

Oh- and to update all of you on how Will and I are doing with the biggest Loser. Ummmm.... bad. We're not going to hide it. To be totally honest, Will never weighed in in the very first place. He said from the beginning he wasn't interested in losing weight- he was interested in getting in shape and doing the running. So he wouldn't even weigh in. And I'd love to report that he's been running, but he hasn't been. (he started out strong) He said to tell everyone he's going to be the biggest loser- but not that kind of loser. :) I have stayed the same. Which is probably a result of little to no exercise and eating exactly the same as I usually do. No- I am trying to spend more time on the treadmill. It's the whole lack of time thing- and lack of desire has something to do with it as well. :) We're planning on really committing in February though. Just to warn everyone.

No comments: