Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nauseated

So-

Today, on the way to Preston's dermatology appointment, we listened to the end of the Inauguration. We heard the closing prayer. Brace yourselves.... I know my opinion will differ greatly from most everyone else you guys know, even maybe your own, but It Made Me ILL. Why is it that even though I want to like him, and the idea he stand for- every time I listen to what he says I get a little nauseous? I want to feel happy about it. I want to feel like this 'change' that's coming could very well be a good thing. Instead- I wanted to turn off the radio and just put it out of my thoughts.

I was reading about what his immediate agenda consists of, and every last piece of it goes against everything I believe in. It makes me sad. And it's hard to be sad about something the whole country is celebrating.

1 comment:

abby said...

i hear you loud and clear. it has been such a confusing and emotional thing for me that i just want to be done with. i'm glad the hoopla is over, but i don't think the idol worship will ever end.