Did I put my request in wrong? The snow has been great. But for the last two days the wind has been absolutely outrageous. So instead of a pretty white blanket over the ground, we have massive snow drifts and areas of frozen ground. Not so pretty. Anyway- It's too cold to take a picture out there, so you'll have to visualize.
I got a call from my neighbor this morning. It's Shelly. "Hey Debi- Ummm....Your trash cans have blown over and they're blowing trash all over the place." Me- "Oh Crap! (realizing Will's not going to be home for hours and it's all up to me.) Thanks Shelly."
So I go outside in my beanie- all prepared for the cold. About 5 seconds later I come back inside. Put on my ski coat, big insulated gloves, sunglasses so I can protect my eyes from the whipping snow, call my dad for help- and head back outside. We're both running around (well, not running because it is icy!) and gathering trash, gross trash, and trying to get it back into the garbage cans. At the same time, trash is continuing to blow out of the cans. Good times!!
About 30 minutes later I come in. My head is throbbing, every limb on my body is frozen, and my face is a new shade of chapped red. I seriously have a renewed compassion for the pioneers. I don't think I've ever felt that cold. Wind chill is cruel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Isn't the wind crazy?!
tell me you didn't miss arizona just a little bit. tell me.
Abby- I miss AZ at certain times of the year- but not during the holidays. :) Snow makes the Christmas season so much more real to me. (is that weird?)
By the way- I love your photos.
Post a Comment