Thursday, January 8, 2009

Warning... Still In a Funk

So- I'm still out of it and suffering from heavy dizziness and all the fun stuff that comes with it. But I'm doing my best to keep a normal routine regardless of how I'm feeling. When I get like this- my thoughts sometimes get a little 'out there' and I start questioning the purpose of life and all of that kind of thing. Anyway- I was reading the R.S. lesson for this next Sunday, maybe it was last Sunday's lesson for you guys (we're always off) and I came across something that I hadn't thought about before. (Oh yeah- I HAVE to read the lessons ahead of time because I'm that counselor, not because I'm just that good.)

"Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection. And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come." D&C 130: 18-19.

I thought that was interesting. I've always heard we could take with us the knowledge we receive here- just had never processed that it would actually help us with whatever comes next.

Very random- I know- but like I said- I'm in a funk.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I remember reading that awhile ago, too. Such a wonderful promise/blessing. It makes me want to read more and learn as much as I can. If only there were more time in the day, or I would spend less time online! ;-)

I hope you feel better asap. I can help you if you need something. Please just call.