Tuesday, February 10, 2009


Laundry room is complete!!!....for now. As expected, we ended up doing NOTHING Friday night. It had been a long day and we were in bed before 10:00, seriously. Which is really strange for us. So the laundry room happened on Saturday. Will worked all day and evening and it looks --- clean! :) I'll post pics later.


I have discovered a little bistro and boutique in Highland called My Dear Lizzie. It's the cutest, girliest place I've ever been. If I had any daughters I'd take them there every chance I had- but since I don't- I'm taking my mom and sisters every chance I get. Truly- it's beyond charming. You can go see for yourself or wait for me to take you. :)


I took a trip down to the market that sells the raw milk earlier today. I went with a friend and she showed me all kinds of cool stores down there that I've heard of but never been to. Anyway- I bought a gallon and am going to see what the boys think. (although I'm guessing they won't even notice because they had no clue I had switched from 1% to whole. But I noticed- big time.) To answer the question Abby asked- Drinking whole milk rather than low fat is supposed to be beneficial because the milk fat actually contains nutrients you want- the good kind of fat. Also, to create low fat milk, they strip the fat out of it completely, then they add the fat back in through a powder form to 'bulk up' the milk- which many critics say is unhealthy (the powdered, processed fat) as well as many of the vitamins and nutrients milk has are ruined and depleted throughout the process. So basically- like all foods- they suggest you try to keep it as close to it's original form as possible.


That's the one conclusion that I've come to after reading everything I have: that if nothing else, my goal will be to try and eat as much as I can in the state God created it. But, that is a DANG tricky thing to do in our time, isn't it? Literally, almost EVERYthing we eat is processed. And for that matter, the fruits and vegetables we eat that aren't 'processed' are contaminated beyond measure and, just recently, they approved the use of irradiation for spinach and all lettuce! It makes me crazy!!! Just leave the darn food alone and let us eat it the way it is! Now I'll step off my soap box....that's why we switched to whole milk. You can google it and find some stuff on it.


Anyhow- I'm off to pick the boys up from school. Will's probably somewhere above Florida right now. I already miss that man.

1 comment:

abby said...

interesting! i feel the same way- i want to eat stuff the way God intended it. jamie and i are seriously looking into a colon cleanse. i want to talk to you about it because it is fascinating and disgusting. jamie is incredulous that the boys wouldn't know they were drinking whole milk. me too.