
Lately I've been wondering if I have a little ADD myself. It seems we've started so many projects, and instead of finishing them, we start a new project. The laundry room is still unfinished, which has been a big pain because I need the use of the laundry room daily- as you can imagine. Yesterday I was folding some laundry, and instead of just putting the clothes away, I decided to start cleaning and organizing my drawers. Which led to a total organization project with our closet. When Will came home from work- he decided to help out and organize all of his stuff. Finally, 12 hours after I started the project of organizing and de-junking our room, we finished. We seriously have about 7 large black trash bags of clothes, shoes, and stuff to go to D.I. (Maybe we should de-junk more often!) Our small room looks so much nicer (and bigger) and it is great to have that all done- but our laundry room is still unfinished. Our plan is to complete it tonight so Will can tackle the garage tomorrow. Ha Ha. We'll see how tonight goes.
On the same note- I'm slowly reading Omnivore's Dilemma (because I can't speed through this kind of material and I have little time to read lately) even though I never finished Secret Life of Bees. I got halfway through it when I received Omnivore and with so little time to read, Bees has taken back burner. But I hate reading that way. I need to finish a book before I start another. Am I the only one who does this? (or just the only one who worries about it?)
One last thought- as we're all trying to eat better and be more careful of our intake- I finally made the switch I've been hesitant to make for some time: we are now WHOLE milk drinkers. Crazy, I know. I've done a lot of reading about it, and even though it goes against everything I've been taught to think all my life- we've given up 1% and hopefully won't go back. Now if we all get super fat...you'll know why. :) (seriously though, it reportedly doesn't change your weight at all.) Now our next step is to go RAW. Which will take me up to Abby's neck of the woods, because that's where the closest raw milk dairy is. I've just begun my research into the benefits of drinking raw milk. Why do I care so much about this kind of stuff???

2 comments:
seriously, the thought of whole milk makes we want to retch. pearl loves it, of course. anyway, i understand the raw thing (which interests me if i could just stomach it), but why is whole better? i'd love to know more!
Now I'm afraid to read the book. We're too poor to buy healthier food. ;-) (Seriously we are.)
Post a Comment