Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Love This Month!

February is one of my favorites! I love Valentine's Day and all of the super fun decorations. This year will be sort of a bummer- with Will being in Florida and everything. He leaves in a week and is gone until the 14th. (What company plans their yearly conference over Valentine's Day?) Apparently the one Will works for. But I'll try to make if fun for everyone else anyway.

Will and I have taken on a massive project for ourselves- painting and decorating the laundry/mudroom. I don't have any 'before' photos, but just try to remember how awful the room was. As soon as we're finished I'll post the 'after' pictures. We've been working for a week now. It's taking so long because we picked a very bad time to do this. We had stake conference and didn't get to work on it over the weekend much, and also it seems we've had something almost every week night. Time should be able to stand still while you're working on projects. (Oh, and nannies should be provided as well.) The room is LIME green, and it's almost a little too much. We debated whether we loved it or not- but we were too far into it to change our minds. I think it will end up fine. The whole project reminded me how much I hate painting- so our whole house project is going to have to wait. (We've been wanting to change our 'taupe' color over to a butter yellow.)

I'm totally engrossed in my new book. The Omnivore's Dilemma. So fascinating! I'm not even a quarter through it and I feel like I've learned so much. I find that I talk about it to everyone- and most people probably don't really care. So I need to curb my enthusiasm just a bit.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Don't curb your enthusiasm. Talk to me about it. Hasn't Abby read it? Maybe I am thinking of another book.

I'm excited about the lime green. What a cheery color for a laundry/mud room. You guys always do excellent at decorating your home, so I know it will look nice.

I am starting to hate painting, too.

I love your new blog background. SOOO cute!

Wendy said...

I just requested it form the library--I am 11th in line. I'll let you know when I get it and read it.

Wendy said...

By the way--where do you find these cute blog backgrounds?

debi said...

Oh yes- go up to the top left corner of your screen on my blog and there should be a link to TheCutestBlogOnTheBlock.com. I still have problems changing mine- because my computer does really stupid things sometimes- but you find them there. :)

I can't wait for you to read the book and let me know what you think.

abby said...

i read in defense of food by the same author. it was excellent. i'm going to go request omnivore's dilemma too.