Thursday, February 26, 2009

Random

Wow! It's been a very long week. I'm happy tomorrow is Friday!! This is what we've been up to:

* Monday Spencer got hit in the face with a hockey stick during PE. I had to go pick him up and take him to the doctor. We had x-rays done Tuesday just to make sure nothing was fractured. He's supposed to be fine and should heal with no problems. He's looking better now- but it was pretty bad there for a few days. (We had to see the orthodontist to see if the teeth were moved out of place at all, and it brought back painful memories with Brig. Thank goodness we didn't have to do that again.)

* My dizziness has been through-the-roof bad lately. I'm doing my very best to stay busy and not focus on it. Interesting thing though- my friend who lives across the street, Natalie, has the developed the EXACT same symptoms I've had for 2 1/2 years. Is it something in the water, soil, air??? Is that even possible?

* Lincoln is getting along without the binky. Life has definitely become more challenging for us though. He no longer naps, and that has been painful!

* Preston has completed his Eagle project and is getting ready to submit his report. I'll be happy for him when it's finally finished.

* Last night I made bread- it turned out different than normal, but that shouldn't surprise me. Every time I make bread, because it's 100% wheat, the moisture in the gluten changes every time- producing slightly differently textured bread. I wish white bread was good for you. It's so much easier!! Also, last night I watched Lost. Could I be more confused, or hurt??? I still love Ben. No matter what. I think.

* Tonight I'm going to a class on powdered milk- and how to make cheese and yogurt from it. Not that I plan to do that often or anything, it's for emergency knowledge only. :)

* Oh, and I ordered myself the tortilla maker that I've been watching on ebay for over three weeks. I'm so excited and just hope that it actually is new, like it's supposed to be. It's the coolest thing ever- I can't wait for it to arrive.

* I've had like...no sleep for the past three nights. I'm dragging- bad. Somebody please give me the will-power to make myself go to bed early. Why is this such a challenge for us?


Anyway- that's about it here. Or at least all my mind is coming up with as I type as fast as I can so I can go put laundry in and see what new messes the boys have made before I leave to pick up kids from school. Spence has detention today- which means I get to go back down to the school again shortly after I get home. Love it!

2 comments:

abby said...

that tortilla maker sounds awesome! i can't go to sleep at night either. it is killing me. i think i still love ben. your dizziness thing is scary! i read something on the web the other day saying that basically everyone has parasites. made me feel a teensy bit better, although it may be total junk. who knows. haven't baked anything with the truvia yet bet it tastes just like sugar to me. why were we not around to help preston with his eagle project?? seriously?

debi said...

Preston had a lot of help from his fellow scouts- no worries.

Oh, and 'Parade' in the newspaper had a big spread about the new sugar alternatives (natural) and stevia scored the highest. They mentioned truvia, but also added that truvia has a filler. Pure stevia is your best bet- but it's hard to find. I'll hook you up. :)

(We've been using it in smoothies and stuff. Amazing. Less than 1/8 t. and it sweetens the whole batch.)